Dance as an inner healer

Dance has been my healer and teacher since I was very young. I used to put on my favourite music and watch myself dance in the mirror. Seeing this reflection on myself helped to define and ground what I was experiencing inside.
My early childhood was very traumatic, constant ups and downs; full of physical violence, hard drugs an emotional roller coaster for a sensitive and intuitive child. My outlet for all that I witnessed , and to maintain my emotional well-being, was dance.

Dance helped me to integrate, helped to bring back my soul, I was dancing to affirm that no matter what was happening around me, I deserved to be here on this planet!

I had something to share, and this was my dance.


What I witness in emotions is movement...

The element of Water is associated with the emotions, and water represents movement. What a better way to remain fluid than to move.
Movement of the emotions is holistic...It dives, arches, hits, swirls, bends,blends, pounds and leaves you BREATHLESS...





Allowing the emotions to flow through your body is a deep cleansing, it purifies your blood and regenerates your cells, it clears blocked emotional energy stored deep in the body, called 'pain'.

When we don't fully 'feel' our emotions, they linger. When we don't fully dance our heartaches...abandonment...abuse and mistreatment, the emotions leave residue on the Spiritual, physical, emotional and mental bodies.
This is why dance is such an ancient healing tool. Ever since we had bodies to dance on this Earth, we were in some way or another connecting with Spirit, asking for healing and bringing harmony in to the community.
Dance is an excellent 'humanitarian' aid...It exemplifies social healing. Dancing amongst others, knowing you are not alone, is in itself reconnection with oneself. Releasing blocked energy though communal catharsis is a deep bonding experience, as each individual is part of the whole and the collective heals the individual and vice versa.




Participation in such activities demands momentary abandon and the more totality in the let go the higher the energy can go...

This takes time and practice, but orgasmic feelings of well-being are within everyone's reach!!

This catharsis cleans the lower Chakras, releasing repressed conditioning regarding our sexuality, security and aliveness. Screaming and stamping out our rage increases the waves of energy through the Chakra system and naturally our Kundalini energy can rise from the ashes of our negative emotions, bringing waves of joy and relaxation...

4 comments:

libramoon said...

I thought you might like to be aware of this online resource group:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healingdance/


Healing Dance Network - a web between the various healing dance studies,
theories, practitioners and proponents through which to find, share and
expand knowledge and understanding into the possibilities and realities of
healing through dance. I am hoping you will let us know about your own
search and findings and how we might work together to bring our learning
further.

Peace,
Laurie - libramoon42@mindspring.com
http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com

[if the links do not take you to the web pages, please cut or copy and paste
them into your web browser]

Please feel free to distribute this information to any whom you think might
be interested.

Time's Up: A Liberation Ritual said...

I am confused. Where is the "Afro" quality of your practice?

Unknown said...

Hi Folks,

I'm co-owner of Peninsula Dance Academy in Foster City, Calif. Our studio teaches the Vaganova method. I found your blog through one of our Twitter followers.

I'm developing a dance site I think could grow your blog audience: blogs, events and news -- DansBuzz.com

We'd love any feedback. The site’s easy use -- register, submit events, and leverage the blog dashboard, where with one click you can share blogs on Twitter, Facebook, etc. 

Posting your blog concurrently on DansBuzz will surely increase your readership.

I also send out a weekly newsletter with a roundup of the best blogs and events. 

I've just begun, so your posts will definitely will receive top billing. 

Give DansBuzz.com a spin -- and let me know what you think.

Best,

Matt 

Unknown said...

get smaller together with frequent wash and use once their already already been pre-shrunk so owners regarding polyester laboratory coats do not need to become concerned about their clothes shrinking over time. This is usually also the reason the reason
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
rajawaliqq
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
http://192.254.236.33/interqq78/
datahk